Paint Protection Film in Calgary
Even if you have never heard the term before, you have probably heard about Paint Protection Film. It is sometimes referred to as 3M although that is just a singular brand name that seems to have become the common term among drivers. Whatever you call it; if you are looking to protect your vehicle, Paint Protection Film is the best way to protect your car’s paint against rock chips or other flying elements that you will encounter on the road.
What is Paint Protection Film?
Paint Protection Film (PPF) is a thermoplastic urethane film applied to painted surfaces of a new or used car. This film has amazing self-healing qualities that will definitely impress you!
What are the benefits of this car protection?
Some of the benefits of Paint Protection Film would be how it will protect the paint from stone chips, bug splatters, and minor abrasions. With memory cells built into the urethane film it has a super effective energy transfer, which allows the film to be impacted at high speeds with rocks, bugs and other worldly hazards and will still keep its integrity/shine.
With the film’s self-healing quality, light scratches and abrasions heal out of the film with heat and PPF will also help the resale value of your vehicle by keeping the front end clean and free from road rash. With professional installation of the film by the team here at SR International, your vehicle’s paint will always look like it came out of the showroom.
What brand of Paint Protection Film is best?
Suntek Paint Protection Film is our brand of choice. Although other brands are definitely available upon request, we have found with our many years of experience, that Suntek is going to do the best job. Many people refer to all kinds of PPF as just “3M” although that is just one brand that is available. We use Suntek film due to its superior optical clarity, installation ease, and their warranty service. In our experience this film provides a superior looking finished product.
What is the pricing on Paint Protection Film?
Our vehicle film packages are broken down as such:
Basic: Starting from $375
Standard: Starting from $750
Ultimate: Starting from $1450
The best ultimate protection is achieved when combined with paint protection coatings.
- PPF can be applied to almost any painted or smooth finished surfaces on your vehicle.
- More specifically the industry standard is Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, Grille, Bumper, Rocker Panels, Door Cups, Luggage Strip, Roof Edge, and Pillars.
- For the car enthusiast that really wants to protect their investment, then covering the Full Hood, Full Fenders, Bumpers, Doors, Full Roof, Rear Quarter Panels, and Head/Fog Lamps is not uncommon.
- We have expanded to also offer PPF for boats, RVs, and your offroad toys as well so be sure to ask us before the next season starts!
- There are even alternative uses for automotive grade protection film like electronic devices (i.e. Cell Phones, Tablets, Cameras) and everyday impact areas that get damaged or worn in the home (i.e. Bottom of Door, Glass Sinks).